Cutting Edge Research Grant Program (CERG)
Applications for the 2015 Cutting Edge Research Grant program will be accepted from Jan. 5 to June 1.
Previous CERG winners
Applications for the 2015 Cutting Edge Research Grant program will be accepted from Jan. 5 to June 1. CERG unites education and innovation to encourage and stimulate clinical research and the transfer of new technologies from the research settings to surgical practice. Since 2000, ASDS has awarded more than $1 million in clinical research funding in surgical oncology, lasers, neuromodulators, fillers, liposuction and other cosmetic procedures.
In 2015, up to $100,000 in grants will be awarded in amounts up to $20,000 per recipient in order to stimulate a broad scope of research relevant to dermatologic surgeons and the dermatology specialty at large. Awards will be announced at the ASDS
Annual Meeting, Oct. 15 to 18, 2015 in Chicago.
The ASDS Research Work Group encourages submission of well-conceived research projects that stimulate the advancement of the practice of dermatologic surgery, the invention of new technologies or research projects that document the outstanding and high volume work of dermatologic surgeons. ASDS members are specifically encouraged to submit proposals in the areas of depth of training, scope of practice, safety and efficacy as well as research with specific relevance in:
- Cosmetic medicine and surgery
- Core surgical procedures and techniques
- Cutaneous oncology
- New technologies
In addition, the ASDS Research Work Group is issuing a specific request for investigator research into evidence-based medicine, comparative efficacy research, quality studies and patient safety studies.
- This is a competitive award program for research projects not funded by other sources.
- Multiple applications from the same institution/practice may be submitted; however, only one application per institution/practice may potentially be accepted.
- The principal investigator must be an ASDS member.
- The research topic must be clinically or socioeconomically oriented to dermatologic surgery. Download the Board-Directed research topics.
- Research must be conducted in the United States or Canada and with sponsorship by a department or division of dermatology or other independent dermatologic-related oversight group or organization.
- The applicant/principal investigator must be physically and intellectually capable of performing the work.
- The applicant/principal investigator must be sure his/her institution or grant administrator approves him/her to accept the grant prior to submitting the application
The Cutting Edge Research Grant (CERG) program is supported by generous contributions to the ASDS Dermasurgery Advancement Fund by ASDS members and industry partners.
For more information, contact:
Education Programs Manager