What to expect after the procedure
Microdermabrasion recovery time is generally minimal. Patients should:
- Keep new skin clean and moisturized.
- Apply anti-inflammatory creams or cold compresses as needed.
- Use a gentle cleanser.
- Avoid scratching or picking new skin.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least seven days.
- Avoid glycolic, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzyl peroxide, and similar medications for one to two days following treatment.
- Avoid applying prescription retinoid products for three to seven days after treatment.
Patients receiving a series of treatments should not resume prescription retinoids until after the final treatment.