Before the procedure, your ASDS physician will review your medical history and perform a physical examination. This is the time for the doctor and patient to discuss expectations, potential risks, and outcomes of the procedure.
In addition, the patient should:
- be in healthy condition.
- have realistic expectations.
- report any history of allergic reaction to anesthesia.
- tell the doctor about any prescription and over-the-counter medication, as well as supplements that they are currently taking.
- avoid shaving the treatment area prior to surgery.
- not take blood-thinning drugs for at least two weeks prior to surgery.
- avoid smoking for at least two months prior to surgery.