Before the procedure, an ASDS dermatologist will review the patient’s medical history. This is the time for the doctor and patient to discuss expectations, potential risks and outcomes of the procedure. Patients also will be required to:
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners and Vitamin E for up to 10 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours before treatment
- Wash hair the night before treatment.
- Start a prescribed antibiotic as directed the night before treatment.
- Arrange for a ride home following treatment.