What should first be done before considering microdermabrasion?
Before the procedure, an ASDS dermatologist will review the patient’s medical history and conduct an exam. This is the time for the doctor and patient to discuss expectations, potential risks and outcomes of the procedure.
Potential concerns and tips:
- Patients who have had recent chemical peels, neuromodulator injection therapy or other skin procedures, should consult with their doctor before receiving microdermabrasion.
- Avoid exfoliating creams (especially prescription tretinoin or other acne products) for three days prior to treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure prior to or immediately after treatment.
- Avoid waxing prior to or immediately after treatment.
- Cleanse face and neck with a non-oily, non-soap based cleanser before treatment.