Following treatment, your ASDS dermatologist may bandage the treatment area. Patients will be required to:
- Clean the treatment area after the first 24 hours, and then four to five times a day thereafter.
- Apply an ointment, such as petroleum jelly, after cleanings to prevent scabs from forming.
Laser resurfacing patients also can expect the treated area to:
- Swell for 24 to 48 hours after treatment.
- Itch or sting for 12 to 72 hours after treatment.
- Slough and peel off old skin five to seven days after treatment.
After the treatment area is fully healed, patients should:
- Use only oil-free makeup for at least two to three months.
- Avoid sun exposure and apply an appropriate sunscreen to the area, which will have a lighter appearance following resurfacing.
- Keep new skin well-moisturized.