Patients may not see any significant changes until several weeks after the surgery. Multiple treatments may be required. Other post-procedure issues include:
- Treated area may be pink or red for four to eight hours after treatment.
- A slight stinging sensation, similar to a mild sunburn in the treated area. This sensation usually subsides within four to six hours. Cool packs or moist cloths may be applied to reduce the sensation.
- Mild swelling in the treatment area that usually dissipates within several days.
In addition, patients should:
- Avoid applying makeup or lotion to the treated area for either 24 hours or until all signs of redness and stinging have dissipated.
- Apply a good moisturizing lotion to the treated area twice daily for the duration of the treatments and for at least three months after final treatment.