How to prepare for the procedure
Before the procedure, an ASDS doctor will usually review the patient's medical history and conduct a physical exam. This is the time for the doctor and patient to discuss expectations, potential risks and outcomes of the procedure. Patients also should avoid:
- Sunbathing, tanning beds, waxing and any chemical peels or collagen injections for two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Perfumes, deodorants or any potential irritants in the treatment area before treatment.
- Taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements for a doctor-specified time before treatment due to increased risk of bleeding.
- Avoid applying makeup, lotion, perfume, deodorant or any potential irritants to the treated area for either 24 hours or until all signs of redness and stinging have dissipated.
- Apply a good moisturizing lotion to the treated area twice daily for the duration of the treatments and for at least three months after the final treatment.