Before the procedure, you and your ASDS dermatologist should discuss expectations, potential risks and outcomes of the procedure. You also should:
- Discuss your wrinkled skin condition and your treatment goals in order to determine the depth of chemical peel.
- Reveal any history of scarring, persistent cold scores or facial X-rays.
- Avoid any medications or supplements that can affect blood clotting – such as aspirin, ibuprofen or vitamin E – for 10 days before surgery.
- Avoid using medications such as Retin-A, Renova or glycolic acid.
- Determine in advance whether you will need to have someone drive you home following the procedure.