Cutting Edge Research Grant Program (CERG)
The 2016 grant application site is open!
Previous CERG winners
The Cutting Edge Research Grant Program is accepting applications in 2016 until July 1. Up to $100,000 in grants will be awarded in amounts up to $20,000 per recipient in order to stimulate a broad scope of research relevant to dermatologic surgeons and the dermatology specialty at large. Awards will be announced at the ASDS Annual Meeting, Nov. 10-13, 2016 in New Orleans.
Be a part of advancing the specialty of dermatologic surgery! ASDS has taken a prospective approach to positively affecting the future of the specialty of dermatologic surgery in recommending research on Board-directed topics. The intended result of Board-directed research is data that will help promote dermatologic surgeons as innovators, foster public awareness of dermatologic surgeons as experts, support ASDS positions on patient safely and regulatory issues, etc. Evidence-based and comparative effectiveness research is called for as well. By facilitating research in specific areas, ASDS will be able to further position itself as a catalyst for key findings in dermatologic surgery, and you can play an integral role.
The ASDS Research Work Group encourages submission of well-conceived research projects that stimulate the advancement of the practice of dermatologic surgery, the invention of new technologies or research projects that document the outstanding and high volume work of dermatologic surgeons. ASDS members are specifically encouraged to submit proposals in the areas of depth of training, scope of practice, safety and efficacy as well as research with specific relevance in:
- Cosmetic medicine and surgery
- Core surgical procedures and techniques
- Cutaneous oncology
- New technologies
In addition, the ASDS Research Work Group is issuing a specific request for investigator research into evidence-based medicine, comparative effectiveness research, quality studies and patient safety studies.
- This is a competitive award program for research projects.
- Multiple applications from the same institution/practice may be submitted; however, only one application per institution/practice may potentially be accepted.
- The principal investigator must be an ASDS member.
- The research topic must be clinically or socioeconomically oriented to dermatologic surgery. Download the Board-Directed research topics.
- Research must be conducted in the United States or Canada and with sponsorship by a department or division of dermatology or other independent dermatologic-related oversight group or organization.
- The applicant/principal investigator must be physically and intellectually capable of performing the work.
- The applicant/principal investigator must be sure his/her institution or grant administrator approves him/her to accept the grant prior to submitting the application
The Cutting Edge Research Grant (CERG) program is supported by generous contributions to the ASDS Dermasurgery Advancement Fund by ASDS members and industry partners.
For more information, contact ASDS at 847-956-0900.