New developments in dermatologic surgery – ranging from research breakthroughs and innovative technologies to advances in cosmetic skin treatments – will headline the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Oct. 3 to 6 in Chicago.
Nearly 1,000 doctors and others in the dermatologic surgery field are expected to attend the ASDS Annual Meeting in Chicago. Participants will learn the latest breakthroughs and advances in injectables, lasers, sclerotherapy, fat transfer, skin tightening, brow-lifts, neck-lifts, skin cancer surgery, hair transplantation, flaps and grafts.
The 90-plus hours of scientific and educational sessions are divided into four comprehensive curriculum tracks: cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, practice management and young dermatologic surgeons/residents. In all, more than 65 sessions will cover the entire breadth of the specialty – from cosmetic rejuvenation to reconstructive repairs to cancer treatments.
“The ASDS Annual Meeting is the premier educational opportunity for today’s dermatologic surgeons to learn the latest clinical information and issues in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and help them stay at the forefront of the field,” said ASDS President Timothy C. Flynn, M.D. “Experts from across the globe will be available to impart their knowledge and skills. The meeting is the largest and most comprehensive educational program devoted exclusively to dermatologic surgery.”
Must-see sessions this year include:
• ASDS Unplugged – Straight-forward, unfiltered presentations on lasers, fillers, practice management and neuromodulators.
• Practice Pearl 3-Part Session – Practical tips for ensuring the optimal patient experience, office efficiencies and staff management.
• What Would a Dermatologic Surgeon Do? – Approaches for both reconstructive and cosmetic repairs to defects.
• Menaissance: Unique Aspects of Treatment of the Male – Beauty and health techniques for the modern man.
• Pushing the Envelope: Megacombinations – Information on combining three or more modalities for a non-surgical facelift or global rejuvenation.
• Invasive and Non-invasive Body Contouring – Treatments include liposuction, cryolypolisis and ultrasound.
• Skin Tightening: Impressed Yet? – The real skinny on what works and what doesn’t in the arena of skin tightening.
• ABD-MOC Self-assessment Questions – Self-assess for 50 ABD-MOC credits at no extra charge within the scope of the Annual Meeting.
In addition to the education sessions, the Annual Meeting features hands-on training workshops on tumor excision, injectable techniques and advanced suturing as well as live patient demonstrations, an exhibit hall with more than 120 exhibitors and numerous networking functions including the Eighth Annual Gala to benefit the Dermasurgery Advancement Fund.
“The ASDS Annual Meeting is unique in that it brings together the best and the brightest in all areas of dermatologic surgery in a collegial setting to share and gain the surgical expertise that patients need and want from their dermatologic surgeon,” said Kavita Mariwalla, M.D., 2013 Annual Meeting Work Group Chair.
Registration for the 2013 ASDS Annual Meeting opens June 17. An early registration discount is available through Sept. 6. Registration is open to member and non-member board-certified dermatologists who are actively practicing in or employed by a medical practice that is focused on dermatologic surgery. In addition, allied health personnel who are employed by a dermatologic surgeon may attend.
For a full listing of 2013 Annual Meeting sessions and to register, visit www.asds.net/annualmeeting or contact the ASDS at 847-956-0900. Discounts for attendees are available from Hyatt Regency Chicago, American Airlines, United Airlines and Avis.