Call for Nominations: Resident Representative to the Boards of Directors
2013-14 Resident Representatives: H. William Higgins, II, MD, MBE and Nishit S. Patel, MD
The ASDS and ASDSA Boards of Directors are accepting nominations and support for the 2014-16 Resident Representative position to the Society and Association. This appointment offers the appointed resident the opportunity to become engaged with both organizations on behalf of furthering the interests of dermatologic surgery residents.
As a reminder, the individual appointed to serve as the Resident Representative shall also serve in the same office of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Association (ASDSA) for the same tenure.
Residents entering their final year of residency in 2014 are eligible for nomination to the Society’s 2014-16 Resident Representative position, which is a two-year term. The appointed Resident Representative would join the Board of Directors in his/her third year of residency and continue to serve the following year after completing residency. Nominees should have an interest in dermatologic surgery as well as excellent leadership and communications skills. This position provides input and guidance to the Society in its efforts to expand outreach and services to dermatology residents.
Resident Representative responsibilities:
- Actively participates as the Resident Representative on the ASDS and ASDSA Boards of Directors.
- Provides input and guidance to the Society and Association in their efforts to expand outreach and services to dermatology residents.
- As requested by the President, participates on work groups or ad hoc projects.
- Adheres to the Society's and Association's Bylaws and Governance Handbook.
- Attends the ASDS Annual Meeting that hosts a Leadership Development Session and New Board Orientation Lunch.
- Attends four Board meetings annually: two in conjunction with the ASDS Annual Meeting, one in conjunction with the AAD Annual Meeting, and one in May in conjunction with the Society’s Industry Advisory Council Forum.
- Participates on Board of Directors conference calls annually. Typically, two are held each year.
- Serves a two-year term. The appointed Resident Representative would join the Boards of Directors in his/her final year or residency and continue to serve the following year after completing residency.
- Meets established deadlines.
If you are interested in this position or in nominating a resident, materials should be submitted no later than June 30 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at 847-956-0999 or mail to Tamika Walton, ASDS Executive Assistant, 5550 Meadowbrook Drive, Suite 120, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008. If you have any questions, please contact Tamika at 847-956-9132.
Thank you for your participation in this very important process!